Angels are always welcome to join the ever growing team of current Meraki angels all over the world. Here are some guidelines on what is expected of you. If you think it is a good fit, please do contact us ! (You don’t actually have to be an angel to contribute…having flaws is perfectly fine.)
- Vision: “Meraki (n.), has to do with soul, creativity or love. To put a part of yourself into your work. This is exactly what this community is about. Here is a safe space to share, explore and communicate without judgment or barriers on different ideas that spike our curiosity.
- Commitment : Meraki Angels do not commit ‘time’ to the site, they commit authenticity, truthfulness and goodwill. Angels can post whatever comes from a place of truthfulness, kindness and love respecting each individual’s singular experience.
- Writing: The team is pretty international. Languages used on the site are English & French so far, but if you like to write in other languages, we welcome you !
Submission Guidelines – To help you make the most of it!
We’re super excited that you’re thinking about sharing your soul with the world through our safe space! This space if literally yours to take over and explore all the things you’re curious about.
When you’re ready, shoot us an email at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours.
- Please submit your piece as either a Word doc attachment or in the text of your email. Please include your full name or pseudo and a suggested title for the piece.
- Please include a short bio and a head shot. Your bio should be a short, personal write up about what makes you who you are. Feel free to explore your journey and write whatever you want. However, please write in the third person.
- Your submission can be any length, sometimes it’s going to be long and sometimes short. We don’t care about length, we care about you feeling like you belong.
- You can submit about anything you want— Meraki is here to serve and connect people.
You want to write but you’re unsure what to write about?
Here are a few topics we love to hear about: Spirituality, relationships(all sorts: friendship, lovers, family…), love, people creating positive change, sexuality, gender issues, women, empowering stories/news, mental health, artistic expression, travel, personal adventures, arts & culture, contemporary issues, community building, life changes, technology, entrepreneurship, meditation…
- We accept previously published work—if the website allows it— please include all appropriate credits and links back to the original.
- If you include pictures or photographs, you must have permissions or rights to any photos you submit.
- Please note that we DO NOT edit content. Your words are your own. We simply double check for grammar’s sake.
Legal blabla- Just so everything is clear.
By submitting your work to MERAKI or any persons associated with it, you are granting MERAKI and all persons associated with it the rights to edit, publish, and promote your work. Promotion of your work may include sharing it on social media, and/or granting permission to other websites with related content to reprint your work in part or in full. We want to create an environment where your words will thrive, so please share your piece—once published on MERAKI, you may re-publish it on other websites after publication here. We maintain the right to keep your finished post on MERAKI in perpetuity.
Contributors understand they will not receive monetary or other compensation. You are responsible for the content of your work, for which MERAKI assumes no responsibility, legal or otherwise. By submitting your work, you agree to receive emails relating to your work from MERAKI.
We hope to hear from you ! Shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org